TwoSet Violin is a musical comedy duo consisting of Australian violinists Brett Yang and Eddy Chen.
- 1 – Shostakovich – 5 Pieces for 2 Violins and Piano, I. Prelude: Moderato
- 2 – Bartok – 44 Duos for 2 Violins, 16. Burlesque
- 3 – Bach – Concerto for 2 Violins in D minor, I. Vivace
- 4 – Mozart – Concertone in C major for 2 Violins and Orchestra, K. 190
- 5 – Beriot– Duo Concertante Op. 57 No. 3, III. Allegretto
- 6 – Spohr – Duos for 2 violins Op. 67 No. 2
- 7 – Sarasate – Navarra Op. 33
- 8 – Wieniawski – Etude-Caprice for 2 Violins Op. 18 No. 4
- 9 – Prokofiev – Sonata for 2 Violins Op. 56, II. Allegro
- 10 – Ysaye – Sonata for 2 Violins in A minor, I. Poco lento, maestoso – Allegro fermo
Selection of Violin/Cello Duets
Violin/Cello and Soprano Trio — Practiced through Jamulus Jam Sessions
In the previous post ” Set Up Jamulus for Remote Music Making“, I described (1) the set up of the equipment and (2) the subscription of an AWS account in order to practice Jamulus Jam sessions. Our Jam Trio includes violin/cell/soprano — violinist in Southern California, cellist and soprano in Northern California, separated by a distance of ~ 400 miles. We played violin/cello duet by Jean Baptiste Breval in great joy; the sounds were clear with occasional clicks and pop noises. In addition, we were able to talk over the microphone during the practices. Here is a recording of one practice sessions —
Here are video recording of two other groups and you can listen to two very different tempos:
As for the soprano/violin/cello trio, we practiced: (1) 飄零的落花 – the score was rearranged for trio; (2) Dona Nobis Pacem – Traditional. Some practice sessions were conducted through the use of Zoom video besides the audio recording. The addition of Zoom video enhanced the feeling of on-site practicing.